THE SEA OF GALILEE CHRISTIAN TOUR
The Sea of Galilee where Jesus is said to have walked on water is a beautiful mountainous region that is home to many Christian sites. Our tour begins in the hills and lands of Galilee; where Jesus ministered to the people, heads on to Magdala; the home of Mary Magdalene and the relics of a second temple era synagogue Jesus may have preached in and continues in Ginosar.
In Ginosar, we see a first century fishing boat nicknamed “the Jesus boat” in the Beit Yigal Allon Museum. The boat which was found by the Sea of Galilee is dated between 100BC and 70AD and is just like the boats used in the time of Jesus. The tour moves on to the Mount of Beatitudes, here Jesus gave the famous Sermon on the Mount. To mark this event, a majestic church was built in 1939 and to this day, it is still standing at the top of the Mount of Beatitudes.
Our journey continues to Kafr Kanna, a quaint town and the location of Jesus’s first miracle. It was here that he turned water into wine at the wedding feast. To mark the site of this miracle, the Franciscan Wedding Church was built in 1879 and is still standing till date. The tour ends at Cana where Jesus performed another miracle, healing a young boy. We depart this scenic town in Galilee and return you to Tel Aviv.
- Pick up and drop off from/at your hotel.
- Enjoy the green rural region of Galilee.
- Visit the Wedding Church in Kfar Kanna where Jesus turned water into wine.
- Guaranteed departure.
- Modest dressing is mandatory for visit to holy sites; knees and shoulders should be covered.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick up and drop off services
- A fully certified and licensed tour guide.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees.
The tour doesn’t include:
- Food and drinks refreshment
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.