PETRA TOUR FROM TEL AVIV BY BUS, 1 DAY
If you’re an early riser seeking adventure, this full-day tour from Tel Aviv to Petra, Jordan is perfect for you. You’ll begin by being picked up at the designated location and transported south in an advanced, air-conditioned bus designed for maximum comfort.
After a swift border crossing into Jordan, you’ll embark on a 2.5-hour drive through majestic wilderness before arriving at Petra – the Lost Nabatean city, which was carved into the red cliffs 2,300 years ago.
During your visit, you’ll see the enigmatic Djinn Blocks, which were once believed to house Nabatean spirits. You’ll stand in awe before the massive Petra Treasury, and channel your inner Indiana Jones as you explore the Royal Tombs. Take amazing pictures at the Petra Theater and marvel at the intricately decorated shrines as you walk down Petra’s ancient colonnaded street.
At the end of your adventure-filled day, you’ll be transported back to Tel Aviv.
- Djinn Blocks
- Petra Theater (Nabatean Theatre)
- The Siq
- Obelisk Tomb
- The Royal Tombs, Petra
- The Treasury of Petra (Al-Khazneh)
- Petra Archaeological Park
- Silk Tomb, Petra
- Guaranteed departure – makes your trip planning much easier and gives you complete peace of mind
- Combine your trip in Israel with the Nabataean Lost City of Petra
- Join the tour from Tel Aviv and enjoy a high-quality touring experience for a fair price
- Travel in comfort with an air-conditioned and well-equipped vehicle
Start your day with an unforgettable adventure, as you embark on a full-day tour from Tel Aviv to the stunning south of Israel. As you sit back and relax on our spacious tour bus, watch as the landscape changes colors with the sunrise. Crossing the Arahav Valley, you’ll get a glimpse of the Red Sea and the Riviera of Eilat, one of Israel’s best resort cities.
After arriving at the Israeli-Jordanian border, our representatives will assist with visa requisition and border crossing before continuing on a 2.5-hour drive through the unique landscape to reach Petra, the lost Nabatean city considered one of the 7 New Wonders of the World.
Over 2,300 years ago, the city was carved into the surrounding red cliffs, with many of its impressive temples left pristine and untouched. See the mysterious Djinn Blocks, created to hold spirits and make a wish touching the stone. Take great shots of the Obelisk Tomb, then continue down the colorful, smooth gorge of the Siq to the famous Petra Treasury, with its huge columns and intricate decorations that will leave you in awe.
Explore the Royal Tombs, Petra Theater, and other shrines, mausoleums, and relics of a lost culture. After a long day of exploration, return to the drop-off point in Tel Aviv, enjoying a worry-free vacation thanks to our expert local tour guide.
Note that a 1-Day Tour of Petra won’t provide enough time to fully explore the archeological park, which is why many travelers recommend a 2-Day Tour to Petra, allowing you to see the iconic Petra Monastery, Ad Deyr, and visit Qasr Al-Bint Temple and the Great Temple of Petra.
The tour includes:
- Transport by an advanced, air-conditioned bus
- A fully qualified and licensed Jordanian tour guide
- Entrance fees to Petra
- Border crossing assistance and guidance
- Lunch in an authentic local restaurant
The tour doesn’t include:
- Transport between your hotel and the bus departure point
- Visa issuing and border fees: $140 for visa issuing and fees; $75 for travelers with valid visa stamp
- Health insurance
- Tour operates in English. Other languages are available for an additional cost; contact us for details.
- Departure time and place are strict; don’t be late to the designated pick-up location.
- Border crossing includes border control and customs, a process that may take up to an hour.
- A valid passport is essential. Passport details are required for the tour reservation process.
- Holders of Israeli passports must use them at every border crossing during the tour.
- Travelers of certain nationalities will require visas in advance. See the complete list in the FAQ section.
- Border fees include departure tax from Israel, the departure tax for operated groups in Jordan, and assistance services on border crossings.
- Visa Issuing and Border fees will be paid on the spot in credit cards or the exact amount of cash (USD/EU/NIS)
- Clothing: Respect the Jordanian customs and culture; Men and Women are required to avoid wearing shorts or revealing clothes. We recommend that you wear warm clothing in winter, a hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes.
- Meals: Breakfast boxes will be available for purchase on the way from Israel to the border. Note that this tour will have a late Lunch, so we recommend bringing snacks or sandwiches.
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.