GOLAN HEIGHTS TOUR
The Golan height tour has us travelling north through the plains of Armageddon, passing Megiddo and into the Galilee. In Galilee, we walk past the beautiful vegetation, the undulating hills and the mesmerising waters of the Sea of Galilee. We proceed to Golan height is which on the east side of the Sea of Galilee, we get to walk past the Hamat Gader, a hot springs site which has been in use since the 2nd century. We move on to the Shalom Observatory which is on the cliffs of the Golan; we have a panoramic view of the Sea of Galilee down to Tiberius from this elevated point.
The next point of attraction on this tour is Katzrin, this site used to be a Jewish village with a synagogue in the early Islamic period. Although the town was destroyed in an earthquake in CE 746–749, it was reconstructed and opened as a tourist attraction. We get to see the refurbished Synagogue and Golan Museum and see a short movie about the Jewish Second Temple Era city of Gamla.
We continue to the tour’s last spot, Mount Bental, the site of a historic battle fought during Israel’s war for Golan against the Syrians. Here, we get to see the remains of the Syrian trenches and bunkers which was seized by the Israeli army during the war. The tour comes to an end with us driving past the lavish countryside of Galilee back to Tel Aviv.
- Pick up and drop off from/at your hotel.
- Experience the amazing countryside of the Galilee.
- Drive through the vineyards of the Golan Heights.
- Guaranteed departure.
- This tour contains a moderate amount of walking and comfortable walking shoes are advised.
- Minimum 3 participants required for this tour to operate.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick up and drop off services.
- A fully certified and licensed tour guide.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees.
The tour doesn’t include:
- Food and drinks refreshment
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.