CAIRO 2 DAY FROM EILAT
Cairo boasts some of the world’s most renowned pyramids which were constructed to entomb Pharaohs and nobles. These pyramids are a breathtaking spectacle that must be seen to be believed.
During our 2-day Cairo Tour, you will have the opportunity to explore the iconic Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, the Papyrus Institute, and the Khan el Khalil Bazaar. The Egyptian Museum houses a vast collection of ancient artifacts, including over 160,000 paintings, sculptures, mummies, ancient coins, and crypts that are exclusive to the museum.
Over the course of your two days in Cairo, you will also visit Sakkara and the Mohammed Ali Castle, immersing yourself in the culture of this bustling metropolis. Additionally, you will enjoy an authentic Egyptian lunch at a local restaurant, savoring the unique flavors of Egyptian cuisine while taking in the surrounding ambiance.
We will arrange for a convenient pickup from your accommodation in Eilat and transfer you to the Egyptian Border to begin your journey. Once you have crossed into Egypt, you will embark on a scenic drive through the breathtaking landscape of the Sinai Desert as you make your way towards Cairo. Along the way, you will have the opportunity to appreciate the stunning natural beauty of the region before arriving at your destination.
- Exploring the awe-inspiring Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza takes you back in time to when these structures were built around 4600 years ago. Khufu, who succeeded Sneferu, is remembered as a tyrant who, driven by his arrogance, commissioned the construction of a tomb that would surpass all others in size and grandeur.
- The Pyramids of Giza comprise of three structures: Cheops (Khufu), Chephren (Khafra) & Mycrenios (Menkaura). The largest pyramid, known as the Great Pyramid, was commissioned by King Cheops (IV Dynasty). The second pyramid was constructed by King Chefren, the son of Cheops, while the third pyramid was built during the reign of Menkaura, the son of Chefren.
- The enigmatic Sphinx, featuring the mask of Chephren and the body of a lion, stands proudly alongside the protector of the land of the Pharaohs. Both the Sphinx and the three pyramids were hailed as one of the Seven Wonders of the World, adding to their allure and mystique.
- Located 25 kilometers to the south of Cairo, Sakkara is home to Djoser’s (Zosser’s) step pyramid, which was constructed around 4700 years ago and still dominates the local skyline. Regarded as the ancient Egyptians’ initial foray into pyramid building, this impressive structure represents a significant milestone in human history, offering visitors a chance to witness the first pyramids ever built.
- The Egyptian Museum is home to an extensive collection of precious antiquities that will leave you in awe. After your visit, you will check in to your hotel in Cairo, where you will have the evening to yourself. We suggest taking a stroll through the beautiful sites of Cairo at night, which you can explore using the city map provided at the hotel.
- Following breakfast, we will embark on a tour of the Islamic districts of Cairo, which will include a visit to the Citadel of Saladdin. Here, you will get to admire the world-renowned Alabaster Mosque of Mohammed Ali.
- Return to Taba.
- Upon reaching the Taba border, you will cross back into Israel, marking the end of our two-day Cairo tour.
- Pickup from your accomodation in Eilat, and drive towards south along the of the Red Sea, for Taba Border Crossing.
- Travel through the stunning landscape of the Sinai Dessert along the way to the Suez Canal to the Egyptian capital of Cairo.
- Arrive at mega-city Cairo as the sun rises.
- Treasures the archaeology by visiting the Egyptian Museum which is the home of one of the world’s greatest archaeological sites.
- Taste authentic Egyptian food.
- Visit the world-famous Pyramids of Cheops, Chephren, and Mykerinus, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Witness the incredible manifestation which is the Sphinx
- Take a stroll through the impressive Cairo’s old bazaar, Khan El Khalili Bazaar, the magnificent market (souk).
- Overnight at a hotel in Cairo.
The tour includes:
- Transfer from Eilat to Taba border
- Meet the assistant at the border
- Transport in our newest models of air-conditioned vehicles.
- English-speaking tour guide.
- Lunch at a local authentic restaurant.
- Entrance fees to Pyramids + Sphinx.
- Entrance fees to Egyptian museum.
- Visit the famous market of Khan EL Khalili.
- Visit the famous Mohammed Ali Castle and Sakkara.
- One night in a 4 stars hotel in Cairo double room + Breakfast
- Return coach to Taba border crossing.
- Border Taxes and Visa
The tour doesn’t include:
- Health insurance.
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.