PETRA TOUR FROM JERUSALEM BY BUS, 2 DAYS
Experience a thrilling adventure through the Nabatean Lost city of Petra, as our premium tour bus takes you on a journey like no other. Relax and unwind as you marvel at the breathtaking Petra Treasury, and explore the surrounding shrines and mausoleums, feeling like Indiana Jones as you uncover the mysteries of this ancient city – from the Royal Tombs to the Petra Theater.
Indulge in an authentic and luxurious night’s stay at a top-rated hotel before embarking on a day of hiking, exploring, and indulging in fabulous local cuisine at the Archeology Park. Take the opportunity to visit the magnificent Al Dayr – the Petra Monastery – a rare and stunning structure perched atop a mountain path with awe-inspiring views.
Be sure not to miss out on the Qasr Al-Bint temple, the Great Temple, and the Petra Museum, where you can learn about the fascinating history and culture of the Nabatean society. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience you won’t want to miss!
If you’re an early riser seeking adventure, our 1-day tour from Jerusalem to Petra, Jordan is perfect for you! You’ll be picked up at the designated meeting point and travel in style on a state-of-the-art, air-conditioned tour bus, ensuring a comfortable journey.
Crossing the border into Jordan, we’ll travel south for 2.5 hours through breathtaking wilderness until we reach the awe-inspiring Lost Nabatean City of Petra, carved into the stunning red rocks over 2,300 years ago.
Explore the enigmatic Djinn Blocks, which once housed Nabatean phantoms, before being captivated by the grandeur of the Petra Treasury. Feel like a modern-day Indiana Jones as you uncover ancient history in the Royal Tombs, and take stunning photos at the Petra Theater.
- Djinn Blocks
- Petra Theater (Nabatean Theatre)
- The Siq
- Obelisk Tomb
- The Royal Tombs, Petra
- The Treasury of Petra (Al-Khazneh)
- Petra Archaeological Park
- Silk Tomb, Petra
Our next destination on this tour is Mount Nebo, where we can stand at the very spot where Moses once gazed out over the Promised Land. Take in stunning panoramic views of the Dead Sea, Jordan Valley, and Jericho from this elevated location. Continuing through awe-inspiring landscapes, we arrive at Wadi Musa, a charming small town that serves as the gateway to Petra. We approach Petra either on foot or horseback through a narrow gorge flanked by towering cliffs. Petra, an archaeological city that dates back over 2,300 years, was carved out of red-colored rock cliffs. Here, we will explore Petra’s magnificently decorated rock-cut tombs, temples, and monuments before spending the night in Wadi Musa.
Sites during the Tour:
- Great Temple, Petra
- The Temple of Qasr Al-Bint
- High Place of Sacrifice, Petra
- The Colonnaded Street
- Petra Archaeological Park
- The Petra Monastery (Al Dayr)
- Guaranteed departure – makes your trip planning much easier and gives you complete peace of mind
- Combine your trip in Israel with the Nabataean Lost City of Petra
- Join the tour from Jerusalem and enjoy a high-quality touring experience for a fair price
- Travel in comfort with an air-conditioned and well-equipped vehicle
The tour includes:
- Transport by an advanced, air-conditioned bus
- A fully qualified and licensed Jordanian tour guide
- Entrance fees to Petra
- Border crossing assistance and guidance
- Lunch in an authentic local restaurant on the first day
The tour doesn’t include:
- Transport between your hotel and the bus departure point
- Visa issuing and border fees: $140 for visa issuing and fees; $75 for travelers with valid visa stamp
- Health insurance
- Tour operates in English. Other languages are available for an additional cost; contact us for details.
- Departure time and place are strict; don’t be late to the designated pick-up location.
- Border crossing includes border control and customs, a process that may take up to an hour.
- A valid passport is essential. Passport details are required for the tour reservation process.
- Holders of Israeli passports must use them at every border crossing during the tour.
- Travelers of certain nationalities will require visas in advance. See the complete list in the FAQ section.
- Border fees include departure tax from Israel, the departure tax for operated groups in Jordan, and assistance services on border crossings.
- Visa Issuing and Border fees will be paid on the spot in credit cards or the exact amount of cash (USD/EU/NIS)
- Special Events: The archeological park offers a special activity – Petra By Night – a dazzling candlelight spectacle that takes place on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 20:30 in front of the Treasury. You can sign up for it at the park, for 25JOD.
- Clothing: Respect the Jordanian customs and culture; Men and Women are required to avoid wearing shorts or revealing clothes. We recommend that you wear warm clothing in winter, a hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes.
- Meals: Breakfast boxes will be available for purchase on the way from Israel to the border. Note that this tour will have a late Lunch, so we recommend bringing snacks or sandwiches.
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.