PETRA FROM TEL AVIV WITH FLIGHTS, 1 DAY
Experience a unique journey beginning with a short flight from Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv (Terminal 1) to Ramon Airport in Eilat. Then, you’ll be taken to the Arava border where you’ll swiftly cross into Jordan. Along the 2.5-hour drive through the desert and mountain scenery, you will be left in awe.
Once you arrive in Petra, you can choose to enter the legendary city on foot or on horseback. Witness the beauty of this 2,300 year-old Nabataean city, where you’ll get to explore the Djinn Blocks, the Obelisk Tomb, and the Petra Treasury, otherwise known as Al-Khazneh. The Royal Tombs is a complex of burial which holds intricate architecture, combined with mesmerizing views, some even several stories high. Make sure to also explore the Petra Theater and the Colonnaded street, and capture some incredible shots along the way.
End your journey by departing from Ramon Airport in Eilat back to Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv, where you will be taken back with amazing memories of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Djinn Blocks
- Petra Theater (Nabatean Theatre)
- The Siq
- Obelisk Tomb
- The Royal Tombs, Petra
- The Treasury of Petra (Al-Khazneh)
- Petra Archaeological Park
- Get a round-trip flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat
- Ramon Airport Pick-up and drop-off
- Guaranteed departure – makes your trip planning much easier and gives you complete peace of mind
- Combine your trip to Israel with the Amazing Nabataean Lost City of Petra
- Travel in comfort with an air-conditioned and well-equipped vehicle
- Enjoy A fully guided day with a local professional guide
The Petra tour from Tel Aviv begins with a brief flight south from Tel Aviv’s Ben Gurion Airport to Ramon Airport close to Eilat. After traversing the border, an experienced local tour guide will meet you and the trip will go on through a picturesque desert Highway to Petra. The journey takes around 2.5 hours, as you travel past colorful mountain scenes, astonishing perspectives and untainted desert scenes en route to Petra.
The Nabataean people shaped Petra, their capital city, out of reddish-hued rock precipices about 2,300 years back. Today, Petra remains an unblemished archeological site; we pass obelisks and cave tombs, and enter Petra either on foot or by horseback through a long, slim gorge or ‘Siq’ flanked by towering rock precipices.
As we reach the end of the Siq, the stunning Petra Treasury is visible in front of us. Its façade is imaginatively etched with sections, figures and a 3.35-meter-high vessel. The tour leads you through Petra’s ancient road, past altars, temples and tombs that will make you feel like Indiana Jones, and other structures carved out of the ruddy precipices. You’ll observe the mysterious Djinn Blocks, visit the magnificent Palace Tomb, marvel at the mesmerizing shades of the Silk Tomb, and learn about the captivating Nabatean city. After spending around 3-4 hours in Petra, we will move south towards Eilat, over the wonderful wilderness.
Rest assured that you can enjoy a worry-free holiday; the tour will begin with a transfer from Eilat to the Arava border, where our representatives will meet you and help you with the visa acquisition and border crossing. On the Jordanian side of the border, our knowledgeable local tour guide will be there to meet you and your voyage will begin.
It’s important to keep in mind that a 1-Day Tour of Petra may not provide you enough time to thoroughly explore this splendid archeological park. This is the reason why most travellers recommend a 2-Day Tour to Petra, so you can visit Ad Deyr – the legendary Petra Monastery located on the ridge, Qasr Al-Bint Temple and the Great Temple of Petra.
The tour includes:
- Round-trip flight from Ben Gurion Airport to Ramon Airport in Eilat
- Ramon Airport pick-up and drop-off service
- Transport by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- A fully qualified and licensed Jordanian tour guide
- Entrance fees to Petra
- Lunch in an authentic local restaurant
The tour doesn’t include:
- Visa issuing and border fees: $140 for visa issuing and fees; $75 for travelers with valid visa stamp
- Health insurance
- Transfers to/ from Tel Aviv Ben Gurion Airport
- Tour operates in English. Other languages are available for an additional cost; contact us for details.
- Upon your arrival in Eilat, the driver will be waiting for you at Ramon airport.
- Border crossing includes border control and customs, a process that may take up to an hour. While flight arrivals will enjoy priority access, the tour won’t depart until other participants will complete the process.
- A valid passport is essential. Passport details are required for the tour reservation process.
- Holders of Israeli passports must use them at every border crossing during the tour.
- Travelers of certain nationalities will require visas in advance. See the complete list in the FAQ section.
- Border fees include departure tax from Israel, the departure tax for operated groups in Jordan, and assistance services on border crossings.
- Visa Issuing and Border fees will be paid on the spot in credit cards or the exact amount of cash (USD/EU/NIS)
- Clothing: Respect the Jordanian customs and culture; Men and Women are required to avoid wearing shorts or revealing clothes. We recommend that you wear warm clothing in winter, a hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour will have a late Lunch, so we recommend that you have breakfast before departure.
- The confirmation of the tour depends on flight availability. You will receive the booking confirmation once your flight is booked. In case you don’t receive it within 72 hours, please contact our Operations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or +972-2-6727957 and +972544476226
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
- Cancellation fee of 50% charged for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- Cancellation fee of 75% charged for notification up to 1 days in advance.
- Cancellation fee of 100% charged for notification on the day of the tour.
- Non Show – 100% Cancellation fees.