THE JUDEAN DESERT JEEP TOUR
The Judean Desert Jeep Tour is an exciting adventure as we journey through the Judean Hills, through the biblical wilderness (the desert) to the Dead Sea. We go south through the Judean Hills, past the inn of the Good Samaritan to the sign that shows we are at sea level. Here we enjoy the picturesque scenery and take pictures.
We continue the tour heading to the shores of the Dead Sea which is 430m below sea level. As we descend to the shores of the Dead Sea we sight the biblical city of Jericho. The tour goes past the famous Qumran caves where the 2000-year old Dead Sea scrolls were discovered. At this point, we switch vehicles to a jeep better suited to the terrain.
The Judean Jeep tour becomes a lot more interesting as we navigate through the rocky hills and dry river beds that make up the desert landscape. We explore the cliff of Draget and the Nurbaat caves; where 2nd century scrolls and other fascinating artifacts were discovered. As we explore the desert, the tour guide points out the desert plants and animals and educates you on life in the dessert. Finally, we reach the Dead Sea, our last stop. The Dead Sea is one of the saltiest bodies of water. It has a high mineral content which has natural health benefits.
After the dusty and hot desert jeep safari, it is a great way to cool off and rejuvenate before heading back to the original pickup point.
- Pick up and drop off from/at your hotel.
- Spectacular desert views.
- Drive into the desert with 4*4 vehicle
- Guaranteed departure.
- Please bring hats, bathing suits, water, sun protection and comfortable shoes.
- Minimum 4 participants required for this tour to operate.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick up and drop off services
- A fully certified and licensed tour guide.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees.
- Coffee / Snacks
The tour doesn’t include:
- Full lunch
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.
|Pick up location||Pick up time|