SAFED, TIBERIAS & MOUNT MERON TOUR
On this remarkable tour we explore Jewish landmarks in two of Israel’s holy cities; Safed and Tiberias and also Mount Meron. The tour heads to Tiberias, driving along the Mediterranean coast to the plains of Armageddon, where Meggido can be seen and finally stops at Tiberias. Found in Galilee, this city was founded in the 1st century by King Herod and was a popular center for Jewish study in Israel during the Mishnah period. We visit the tomb of Rambam, a great Judaist known for writing the 14 books of the Mishnah. We also visit the gravesites of Rabbi Meir and Rabbi Baal Hanes, both great Jewish Sages before moving on to Safed.
Safed, the second holy Jewish city on our tour is home to the ancient Ari Hakadosh synagogue. We walk through the old city of Safed to the Ari synagogue named for the Rabbi Isaac ben Solomon Ashkenazi. The synagogue is built where Eliyahu revealed himself to Rabbi Isaac ben Solomon and is where the Rabbi watched the sunset when he was alive. We also visit the Luria Visitor Center and walk through the Artists quarter; visiting galleries and studios while at Safed.
The tour continues on to our last destination, Mount Meron where the burial tomb of Zohar (book of mystical Kabbalah) author Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai popularly called Rashbi is located. Yearly, at Mount Meron, celebrations with bonfires and singing are held on Lag B’Omer to celebrate the Rashbi. This brings the tour to a close and we head back to the city.
- Pick up and drop off from/at your hotel.
- Visit the graves of Rabbi Meir and Rabbi Baal Hanes in Tiberias
- Visit the ancient Ari Hakadosh Synagogue in Safed
- Guaranteed departure
- Modest dressing is mandatory for visit to holy sites; knees and shoulders should be covered.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum 3 participants required for this tour to operate
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick up and drop off services.
- A fully certified and licensed tour guide.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees.
The tour doesn’t include:
- Food and drinks refreshment
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.