PETRA TOUR FROM JERUSALEM BY BUS, 1 DAY
If you’re an early bird looking for a great adventure, then this 1-day tour from Jerusalem to Petra, Jordan is for you. At the start of your journey, you will be picked up and transported in a modern, air-conditioned tour bus. In a short 2.5-hour drive, you’ll traverse the spectacular Jordan wilderness to the 2,300-year-old Nabatean City of Petra carved into the red rocks.
Experience the enigmatic Djinn Blocks, previously home to Nabatean spirits, and be in awe of the vast Treasury of Petra. Get a feel of being an Indiana Jones while exploring the olden Royal Tombs and capturing beautiful memories at the Petra Theater.
Sites During the Tour:
- Djinn Blocks
- Petra Theater (Nabatean Theatre)
- The Siq
- Obelisk Tomb
- The Royal Tombs, Petra
- The Treasury of Petra (Al-Khazneh)
- Petra Archaeological Park
- Silk Tomb, Petra
- Guaranteed departure – makes your trip planning much easier and gives you complete peace of mind
- Combine your trip in Israel with the Nabataean Lost City of Petra
- Join the tour from Jerusalem and enjoy a high-quality touring experience for a fair price
- Travel in comfort with an air-conditioned and well-equipped vehicle
Start your day early and join us on a journey full of wonders as our advanced tour bus takes you from Jerusalem to the mesmerizing south of Israel. Witness the changing scenery of the region with the sunrise and have a stunning view of the Red Sea and the vibrant city of Eilat, Israel’s most beautiful resort.
From there, you will continue on a two and a half hour ride to the Jordanian border and to the Lost City of Petra – one of the seven wonders of the world. The site was formed more than 2,300 years ago, with most of its temples still left intact. Look out for the mysterious Djinn Blocks that are said to be constructed to house phantoms and be sure to make a wish at the Obelisk Tomb. You can walk down the Siq – an array of multi-coloured and smooth cliffs that lead you to the Petra Treasury, with its beautiful large columns and carvings. Visit the Royal Tombs and Petra Theatre to marvel at the architecture and many relics of this forgotten civilization.
Complete your one-day tour with a comfortable journey back to Jerusalem. Don’t worry as our experienced staff will provide you assistance with the visa application and border crossing. Once you cross to the Jordanian side, you will be accompanied by an expert tour guide. However, due to the huge expanse of the area, we suggest a two-day tour to be able to take in the magnificence of Ad Deyr, Qasr Al-Bint Temple, and the Great Temple of Petra.
The tour includes:
- Transport by an advanced, air-conditioned bus
- A fully qualified and licensed Jordanian tour guide
- Entrance fees to Petra
- Border crossing assistance and guidance
- Lunch in an authentic local restaurant
The tour doesn’t include:
- Transport between your hotel and the bus departure point
- Visa issuing and border fees: $140 for visa issuing and fees; $75 for travelers with valid visa stamp
- Health insurance
- Tour operates in English. Other languages are available for an additional cost; contact us for details.
- Departure time and place are strict; don’t be late to the designated pick-up location.
- Border crossing includes border control and customs, a process that may take up to an hour.
- A valid passport is essential. Passport details are required for the tour reservation process.
- Holders of Israeli passports must use them at every border crossing during the tour.
- Travelers of certain nationalities will require visas in advance. See the complete list in the FAQ section.
- Border fees include departure tax from Israel, the departure tax for operated groups in Jordan, and assistance services on border crossings.
- Visa Issuing and Border fees will be paid on the spot in credit cards or the exact amount of cash (USD/EU/NIS)
- Clothing: Respect the Jordanian customs and culture; Men and Women are required to avoid wearing shorts or revealing clothes. We recommend that you wear warm clothing in winter, a hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes.
- Meals: Breakfast boxes will be available for purchase on the way from Israel to the border. Note that this tour will have a late Lunch, so we recommend bringing snacks or sandwiches.
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.