PETRA TOUR FROM EILAT, 2 DAYS
Experience exotic Middle Eastern landscapes and the world-renowned city of Petra – one of the 7 New Wonders of the World – on this two-day tour.
Beginning with a pick-up in Eilat, you’ll be swiftly transported across the border into the Kingdom of Jordan. Explore Petra, a complete city that was meticulously carved into the desert’s crimson cliffs over 2,300 years ago. Witness the awe-inspiring Petra Treasury, and then delve into the shrines and mausoleums that will make you feel like Indiana Jones – from the Royal Tombs to the Petra Theater.
After an authentic and luxurious night’s stay in an excellent hotel, return to the Archaeology Park for a day filled with adventure, hiking, local cuisine, and more. Take the opportunity to visit Ad Deyr – the Petra Monastery – a massive and magnificently rare structure located at the end of a mountain trail with breathtaking views.
Don’t miss the Qasr Al-Bint temple, the Great Temple, and the Petra Museum, which provides insight into the ancient and unique Nabatean culture.
As we journey down the Desert Highway, prepare to be mesmerized by the stunning desert and mountain vistas that will leave a lasting impression. Upon arriving at Petra, you will have the option to either stroll or ride on horseback into the city.
This extraordinary archaeological site, once the capital of the Nabatean civilization, boasts awe-inspiring structures that were all intricately carved into the crimson-colored rock cliffs over 2,300 years ago.
Make your way through the serene Siq, a magnificent smooth gorge that twists and turns until you reach the famed Petra Treasury adorned with its exquisite ornamentation. While there, don’t miss the captivating Obelisk Tomb, the Petra Theater, and other historical landmarks that offer a glimpse into the past. Be sure to snap some unique pictures and marvel at the intricately adorned shrines as you stroll down Petra’s ancient colonnaded street.
- Djinn Blocks
- Petra Theater (Nabatean Theatre)
- The Siq
- Obelisk Tomb
- The Royal Tombs, Petra
- The Treasury of Petra (Al-Khazneh)
- Petra Archaeological Park
Following breakfast, take the entire day to immerse yourself in the wonders of Petra.
One of the main highlights is the Petra Monastery, also known as Al Dayr, situated on a nearby hill. The journey there is breathtaking and well worth the effort.
Explore other mesmerizing landmarks, such as the Petra Great Temple, featuring stunning columns and decorations. Don’t miss the ancient Byzantine Church, the Qasr Al Bint Temple, believed to be a palace constructed for the biblical Pharaoh’s daughter, and the enigmatic Urn Tomb.
Discover unique handmade gifts at the local Bedouin Market, hike along towering cliffs, and capture unforgettable pictures of the entire site. Many visitors opt to conclude their day by visiting the Petra Museum, which showcases how these magnificent artifacts have influenced Nabatean culture over time.
Sites during the Tour:
- Great Temple, Petra
- The Temple of Qasr Al-Bint
- High Place of Sacrifice, Petra
- The Colonnaded Street
- Petra Archaeological Park
- The Petra Monastery (Al Dayr)
- Guaranteed departure – makes your trip planning much easier and gives you complete peace of mind
- Combine your trip in Israel with the Nabataean Lost City of Petra
- Travel in comfort with an air-conditioned and well-equipped vehicle
- Join the tour directly from your hotel in Eilat and enjoy a high-quality touring experience for a fair price
- Enjoy free time in Petra to shop in the Bedouin market
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed Jordanian tour guide
- Overnight accommodation on bed & breakfast basis
- Entrance fees to Petra
- Lunch in an authentic local restaurant on the first day
- Transport by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
The tour doesn’t include:
- Visa issuing and border fees: $140 for visa issuing and fees; $75 for travelers with valid visa stamp
- Health insurance
- Tour operates in English. Other languages are available for an additional cost; contact us for details.
- Border crossing includes border control and customs, a process that may take up to an hour.
- A valid passport is essential. Passport details are required for the tour reservation process.
- Holders of Israeli passports must use them at every border crossing during the tour.
- Travelers of certain nationalities will require visas in advance. See the complete list in the FAQ section.
- Border fees include departure tax from Israel, the departure tax for operated groups in Jordan, and assistance services on border crossings.
- Visa Issuing and Border fees will be paid on the spot in credit cards or the exact amount of cash (USD/EU/NIS)
- Special Events: The archeological park offers a special activity – Petra By Night – a dazzling candlelight spectacle that takes place on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 20:30 in front of the Treasury. You can sign up for it at the park, for 25JOD.
- Clothing: Respect the Jordanian customs and culture; Men and Women are required to avoid wearing shorts or revealing clothes. We recommend that you wear warm clothing in winter, a hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour will have a late Lunch, so we recommend that you have breakfast before departure.
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.