PETRA TOUR & FREE DAY IN ELIAT, 2 DAYS
Take advantage of this Petra tour from Eilat, offering a free day in Israel’s premier resort city, Eilat! Try water sports, discover the coral reefs, observe the underwater life from the observatory, skate at the ice rink, enjoy camel rides, explore the local markets, and indulge in some tax-free shopping!
The following day you’ll be transported through beautiful desert vistas to Petra, Jordan. Over two thousand years ago, the Nabataean people hewed this incredible city from red-tinged mountains.
Eilat, known as the pearl of the desert, is the most popular beach resort city in Israel, with endless attractions for all types of travelers. Tourists will be captivated by the mesmerizing Coral Beach, which is home to one of the most unique and diverse underwater habitats on the planet. If visitors would like to get a closer look, the Eilat Underwater Observatory allows for up-close views without having to dive in. Another attraction worth noting is the Dolphin Reef, where guests can watch and swim with the dolphins in their natural environment.
In addition to the beach activities, visitors can head to the various coasts for the perfect sunbathing session. Dekel (Palm) Beach, Kisuski Beach, Mykonos Beach, and Mosh Beach are among the favorites. Taking a twenty-minute drive from the city will take visitors to the majestic Timna Valley Park, where they can find the famous King Solomon’s Pillars, the impressive giant Mushroom, and more stunning rock formations.
Finally, fashion and shopping enthusiasts should not miss out on the opportunity to go tax-free shopping in the more than 12 malls, markets, and outlet centers that are available.
With an array of international brands and local designs, Eilat will be the perfect shopping destination.
Overnight stay: Eilat
Traversing along the Desert Highway, we will witness breath-taking vistas of the desert and the mountains. Upon arrival in Petra, visitors can opt to walk or ride a horse to explore the ancient Nabatean capital.The archaeological site dates back to around 2,300 years and boasts awe-inspiring structures which have been intricately carved from the reddish-hued cliffs. Tourists will pass through the picturesque Siq gorge which will lead them to the magnificent Treasury featuring striking embellishments.
Furthermore, you can admire the stunning Obelisk Tomb, meander down Petra’s ancient colonnaded street and visit the Petra Theatre to learn about its historical heritage.
Sites during the Tour:
- Djinn Blocks
- Petra Theater (Nabatean Theatre)
- The Treasury of Petra (Al-Khazneh)
- Obelisk Tomb
- The Royal Tombs, Petra
- Petra Archaeological Park
- The Siq
- Guaranteed departure – makes your trip planning much easier and gives you complete peace of mind
- Combine your trip in Israel with the Nabataean Lost City of Petra
- Join the tour directly from your hotel in Eilat and enjoy a high-quality touring experience for a fair price
- Stay overnight at an Eilat hotel before traveling to Jordan
- Travel in comfort with an air-conditioned and well-equipped vehicle
- Hotel drop off – end your touring experience back in your hotel
The tour includes:
- Overnight accommodation on a bed & breakfast basis in Eilat
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed Jordanian tour guide
- Entrance fees to Petra
- Lunch in an authentic local restaurant
- Transport by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
The tour doesn’t include:
- Visa issuing and border fees: $140 for visa issuing and fees; $75 for travelers with valid visa stamp
- Health insurance
- Tour operates in English. Other languages are available for an additional cost; contact us for details.
- Border crossing includes border control and customs, a process that may take up to an hour.
- A valid passport is essential. Passport details are required for the tour reservation process.
- Holders of Israeli passports must use them at every border crossing during the tour.
- Travelers of certain nationalities will require visas in advance. See the complete list in the FAQ section.
- Border fees include departure tax from Israel, the departure tax for operated groups in Jordan, and assistance services on border crossings.
- Visa Issuing and Border fees will be paid on the spot in credit cards or the exact amount of cash (USD/EU/NIS)
- Clothing: Respect the Jordanian customs and culture; Men and Women are required to avoid wearing shorts or revealing clothes. We recommend that you wear warm clothing in winter, a hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour will have a late Lunch, so we recommend that you have breakfast before departure.
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.