PETRA FROM EILAT, 1 DAY
On our journey down the Desert Highway, we encounter unforgettable vistas of both desert and mountain scenery. Once we reach Petra, you have the option of entering the city either by foot or on horseback.
This magnificent archaeological site dates back around 2,300 years, and many of its most astonishing features were fashioned from the red-rock cliffs. When we pass through the Siq, a grand and curvaceous gorge, we reach the iconic Petra Treasury, renowned for its intricate decoration.
Moreover, there is the Obelisk Tomb, the Petra Theater and a multitude of awe-inspiring shrines to explore along the ancient colonnaded street. So make sure to take your camera to capture these incredible sights.
Sites During the Tour:
- Djinn Blocks
- Petra Theater (Nabatean Theatre)
- The Siq
- Obelisk Tomb
- The Royal Tombs, Petra
- The Treasury of Petra (Al-Khazneh)
- Petra Archaeological Park
- Guaranteed departure – makes your trip planning much easier and gives you complete peace of mind
- Combine your trip to Israel with the Amazing Nabataean Lost City of Petra
- Join the tour from Jerusalem and enjoy a high-quality touring experience for a fair price
- Travel in comfort with an air-conditioned and well-equipped vehicle
- Enjoy A fully guided day with a local professional guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off; end your touring experience back in your hotel
Embark on this remarkable Petra excursion from Eilat, and begin with a 2.5-hour journey through the pristine desert panorama, captivating red mountains, and spellbinding vistas along the way to Petra.
The ancient Nabataean civilization carved the town of Petra directly from the deep red-hued cliffs over 2,300 years ago, and it has been left as an untouched archaeological site ever since. Admire the obelisks and cave tombs, and enter Petra on foot or on horseback by means of a long, slender ravine, or “Siq,” flanked by towering rocky cliffs.
As you reach the end of the Siq, you will be left awestruck by the unbelievable Petra Treasury. Its facade is intricately carved with columns, sculptures, and a 3.35-meter-high urn. Explore tombs reminiscent of Indiana Jones, and other constructions, all carved out of the pale rock cliffs. See the spires of the Palace Tomb rise above the ridge, descend to the ancient Petra Theater, and make a wish at the Djinn Blocks.
After around 3-4 hours at Petra, we will begin our journey southward towards Eilat, crossing through the exquisite wilderness.
Take Comfort in a Stress-Free Vacation: The tour starts with a transfer from Eilat to the Arava border, where our agents will meet you and help you with visa paperwork and the border crossing. Once you cross over to the Jordanian side of the border, our knowledgeable local tour guide will meet you and your remarkable adventure will start.
It should be noted that a 1-Day Tour of Petra does not give you adequate time to thoroughly explore this miraculous archaeological park. Therefore, it is generally advised to take a 2-Day Tour of Petra to take in the captivating Petra Monastery at Ad Deyr, as well as the Qasr Al-Bint Temple and the Great Temple of Petra.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off service
- A fully qualified and licensed Jordanian tour guide
- Entrance fees to Petra
- Border crossing assistance and guidance
- Lunch in an authentic local restaurant
- Transport by a modern air-conditioned vehicle
The tour doesn’t include:
- Visa issuing and border fees: $140 for visa issuing and fees; $75 for travelers with valid visa stamp
- Health insurance
- Tour operates in English. Other languages are available for an additional cost; contact us for details.
- Border crossing includes border control and customs, a process that may take up to an hour.
- A valid passport is essential. Passport details are required for the tour reservation process.
- Holders of Israeli passports must use them at every border crossing during the tour.
- Travelers of certain nationalities will require visas in advance. See the complete list in the FAQ section.
- Border fees include departure tax from Israel, the departure tax for operated groups in Jordan, and assistance services on border crossings.
- Visa Issuing and Border fees will be paid on the spot in credit cards or the exact amount of cash (USD/EU/NIS)
- Clothing: Respect the Jordanian customs and culture; Men and Women are required to avoid wearing shorts or revealing clothes. We recommend that you wear warm clothing in winter, a hat in summer and comfortable walking shoes.
- This tour will have a late Lunch, so we recommend that you have breakfast before departure.
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions.
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.