NAZARETH AND THE SEA OF GALILEE
Discover the biblical locations and hometown of Jesus on a two-day Christian Galilee tour. The tour includes visits to the Church of Annunciation and the Church of St. Joseph in Nazareth. You will also explore the Mount of Beatitudes, Capernaum, Church of the Multiplication, and Yardenit, where you can experience the Jordan River baptism. Moreover, visit Magdala to see the Jesus Boat, and explore Cana, where Jesus turned water into wine.
Embark on a scenic tour that starts with a drive along the coastal road before turning towards the Valley of Armageddon. From this vantage point, we can admire the view of Megiddo. On our way, we pass by Mt. Precipice, en route to Nazareth, where we visit the stunning Church of Annunciation and the Church of St. Joseph. Continuing our journey towards the Sea of Galilee, we pass by Cana, the site of Christ’s miracle of turning water into wine. From a distance, we catch a glimpse of the Mt. of Beatitudes, where Jesus delivered his Sermon on the Mount, before stopping at the picturesque Capernaum on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. We then tour the Roman Catholic Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves and Fishes in Tabgha, before passing by Tiberias and making a stop at Yardenit, a potential baptismal site where John may have baptized Jesus in the River Jordan. On our return journey, we drive past Mt. Tabor, where the Transfiguration is said to have taken place.
- Church of Annunciation
- Church of Multiplication – Tabgha
- Yardenit Baptism Site
- Church of St. Joseph
- Sea of Galilee (Kinneret)
Explore the Christian sites around the Sea of Galilee on a scenic tour that ventures through the tranquil rural farmlands, hills, and valleys of northern Israel. Admire the picturesque Sea of Galilee nestled in a valley as we make our way to Magdala, a once-bustling Biblical fishing village. Here, we will see the remains of a Second Temple Era synagogue, where Jesus may have preached. The tour continues to Ginosar, where we get a glimpse of the Jesus Boat, a 1st century fishing boat discovered by the Sea of Galilee. We then ascend to the Mount of Beatitudes, crowned by a beautiful church, which commemorates the site where Jesus delivered his Sermon on the Mount. Our final stop on this Christian tour is at Kafr Kanna or Cana, where the Wedding Church stands, marking the site of Jesus’ first miracle of turning water into wine. As the tour comes to an end, we depart from the Galilee and return to Tel Aviv.
Sites during the Tour:
- Sea of Galilee (Kinneret)
- Wedding Church, Cana
- The Mount of Beatitudes
- Join the tour from the pickup location and enjoy a quality touring experience for a fair price
- Discover the lush countryside of the Galilee, Israel’s northern region, home to the Sea of Galilee
- End your 2-day experience back in your original pickup location
The tour includes:
- Pick-up and drop-off at the tour departure point
- Entrance fees
- 2 fully guided tour days with a local qualified and licensed tour guide
- 1 night accommodation on bed & breakfast basis
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
The tour doesn’t include:
- Lunch, dinner, drinks
- Comfortable walking shoes, a hat and water are recommended
- Tour may be bilingual (English and another language)
- Modest dress is obligatory for visits to holy sites; covered knees and shoulders
- Tour itinerary order may change according to your day of departure
- Final sequence of tour days will appear in your confirmation email
- Single traveler supplement is required
- High season supplement is required
- Baptism with a priest in the Jordan River (Yardenit) – Our company does not participate in organizing a baptism with a priest. A traveler who wants to be baptized with a priest, will contact Yardenit site and coordinate it with them in advance. The estimated visit time in Yardenit is 15:30-16:15
- Booking is subject to terms and conditions
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.