MOUNT SINAI & SAINT CATHERINE TOUR FROM EILAT, 1 DAY
The tour kicks off with a convenient hotel pickup in Eilat, followed by a journey to Egypt through the Taba border. Our first stop is the breathtaking Sinai Desert, which holds significant religious and historical importance, including being the site where Moses received the Ten Commandments.
We will ascend 1500 meters up the Sinai Mountain to visit the renowned St. Catherine’s Monastery, one of the oldest continuously operating monasteries globally, dating back to the 6th century. A visit to the Church, as well as iconic sites such as The Burning Bush and Jethros’ Well, will undoubtedly leave you in awe.
After the morning exploration, we will indulge in a delicious lunch at a tourism class restaurant before driving back to Eilat. Along the way, we may make stops at the stunning Red Sea resort of Nuweiba, depending on time constraints. The tour ends with a crossing back to Israel at the Taba border in the evening.
- St. Catherine’s Monastery
- The skull room and olive grove
The tour includes:
- All transportation in modern air-conditioned vehicles
- Hand-picked expert tour guide
The tour doesn’t include:
- Border Crossing Fees ($95 per person)
- Museum entrance fee ($6)
- Personal travel insurance
- All logistics are fully coordinated with the Egyptian Authorities
- The Monastery is closed on Sundays, the tour still operates but does not go inside the Monastery
- Taba Border is located 10 minutes taxi ride from Eilat
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.