MASSADA AND EIN GEDI TOUR
The Masada and Ein Gedi tour is a lively tour with idyllic scenery. We head south towards the Dead Sea en route the Judean desert, we see the Good Samaritan’s inn. We stop for pictures at the “sea level” post before moving on below sea level where we sight the city of Jericho in the distance. We continue driving below sea level before making our first stop in Masada. Here, we take a cable car ride to the top of the huge flat-topped rock to see the remains of the fortress King Herod built in 31 – 37 BC. Notably, the remains are in good condition due to the climate of the region and its location.
Along with your tour guide, you will tour the palaces, synagogues and other structures on the summit. You will be regaled with the rich history of Masada, learning about the Jews who retreated to this very summit (100 years after Herod built the fortress) during the first Jewish-Roman war and who chose suicide over surrendering to the Romans.
Leaving Masada, we head on to Ein Gedi, enjoying views of the Dead Sea as we go. At Ein Gedi, we enjoy the breathtaking waterfalls and walk through the beautiful nature reserve. So many plants and animals make Eid Gedi their sanctuary and you see a lot of exotic plants and animals including the Nubian ibex as we tour this beautiful site. The tour ends at this magical oasis but on our journey back, we pass the Qumran caves, this is where the Dead Sea scrolls were found.
- Pick up and drop off from/at your hotel.
- Masada experience.
- Walk down the walkways at Ein Gedi.
- Enjoy the nature (waterfalls, natural pools and animals).
- Ein Gedi Natural reserve is about 1.5 hours walk and without a guide.
- Comfortable walking shoes, bathing suits and water are recommended for the visit.
- Minimum of 2 people required in order for this tour to operate.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick up and drop off services.
- A fully certified and licensed tour guide.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Entrance fees Masada National Park.
The tour doesn’t include:
- Food and drinks refreshment
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.
|Pick up location||Pick up time|