CITY OF DAVID TOUR
In this tour, we get to have a glimpse of the original Jerusalem encampment assembled over 3,000 years ago. We begin with a bird’s eye view of Jerusalem on the top of Mount Scopus. Here, we can look down at the ancient Jewish burial crypts and the dome of the rock. We also see the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus prayed to God before his crucifixion. We continue to walk down the Mount and make a brief stop at Kidron Valley to see the ancient Jewish burial tombs. We catch up with the bus and make our way through the Zion gate into the old city of Jerusalem.
Here, we see Armenian Quarter and listen to the tour guide talk about this community’s history and their beliefs. We continue to the Jewish quarter to see the 1,500 years old Byzantine cardo which was once the main street through Jerusalem. We proceed to the best part of this tour which is the Western Wall. It is a small segment of the walls of the Second Temple that was destroyed in70AD; you can drop prayer notes in the crevice of this wall as it is believed to be the holiest place of worship by the Jews.
We exit the old city via the Dung Gate and arrive at the City of David to explore the underground Jerusalem city. It is believed to be the original Jerusalem encampment dating back about 3,000 years; we also see the tunnels dug out from the rocks to bring water to the city from the Gihon spring. The tour ends with a brief stop at the Gihon spring and then make our way back to the hotel.
- Select your preferred tour language: English, French, German or Spanish.
- Panoramic view of Jerusalem from the Mount of Olives.
- City of David experience.
- Most religious and historic landmarks of Jerusalem.
- Guaranteed departure.
- This tour contains a moderate amount of walking and comfortable walking shoes are advised.
- Modest dressing is mandatory for visit to holy sites; knees and shoulders should be covered.
- Minimum of 2 people required in order for this tour to operate.
The tour includes:
- Hotel pick up and drop off services.
- A fully certified and licensed tour guide.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle.
The tour doesn’t include:
- Food and drinks refreshment
- 4% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 2 days in advance.
- 25% cancellation fee charge for notification up to 1 day in advance.
- 100% cancellation fee charge for notification on the day of the tour.
- No Show – 100% Cancellation fees.